Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2012-04-12

Update

Hi Cybie

Thought its time for another update, only 4 weeks to go till our little " jellybean"  is born.

Just amazed still how relaxation, breathing and affirmations helped me now during my pregnancy, everyone is commenting on how relaxed and easy I have it. Not that I dont put in the work practising my relaxation techniques but ones you discovery these helpful tools its really amazing how your views change.

The mind is indeed a very powerful thing.

I would be laying if I said I am not feeling slightly anxious of having this bundle of joy arrive at our home, being a first time mother but I believe, that mother instincts would kick in and also have put a nice support system in place to help, when needed.

Will def continue with these tools after baby is born. Striving towards a more positive and holistic lifestyle.

Time to get out the winter clothes, hot chocolate and marshmellows.

Hope all is well on your side.

I suppose relaxation is a skill one can indeed learn, and practice and improve. IN a very significant way, being tense and stressed is also a skill too many of us learn and practice to perfection. Of course the special hormonal balance of pregnancy helps a lot, so remember to maintain these skills when the hormones tumble after birth, and the methods get more challenged, but potentially just as effective.
First children do take a bit of getting used to, but usually have distinct advantages in life, so its well worth it.

1