Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/10/24

Update

Hi Cybershrink

just checking in, you are not forgotten, i am doing well and jellybean is now 10 weeks old and doing fine. first trimester has not been a breeze, also been diagnosed with being anemic so have very little energy, doctor did prescribe iron tablets.

I have been a bit isolated as I am too tired to visit or go out to meet friends but its all good as long as jellybean is healthy and happy.

I am happily awaiting the 12 week mark when we will find out the sex of the baby and go for next scan also when apparently the energy comes back in boosts.

Its def an interesting process. I use to freak out so much about everything now I am amased how calmly I can just be about being pregnant.

Bit sad cause my best friend and I decided together to fall pregnant and she is now struggling where as I fell pregnant right away and I feel she now is pushing me aside and not really want to hear or support me when I only want her to be excited for me.

Thanks so much for the update, K ! Regards to jellybean. Iron tablets can be a simple remedy that, if you're a bit anemic, can make you feel a good deal better. Sometimes a bit constipating.
Ah, all those scans and revelations. I remember the Old Days, when you had to wait to find the answers to your questions !
Sad about your pal, but understandable. Especially beause sh'd planned to be pregnant at the same time and share the joys, she may be feeling worried that she hasn't managed to get pregnant yet. Actually, it rarely works out, though you may have read this week of the pair of twins who managed not only to both get pregnant but to deliver their babies at the same time in the same hospital. But that's a bit over the top. perhaps.
You're showing real skills at pregnancy, so I hope it all continues to go well, and we'll hear more of jellybean's progress over the coming months

8
Posted by: Obvious | 2011/10/25

l am not being mean but honest. Things are going well in your life but not so good in hers. This is a moment in your friendship when you should give more than you recieve, that is what l meant by being there for her! She is not in a position to give to you a the moment.
lf you are old enough to bring a life into the world you should be mature enough to realise in relationships the scales of giving and recieving are not always balanced 50/50.
Well done on the support you are giving her, now show what a well rounded person you are by apologizing for calling me mean. Some gratitude would be nice as l took the time to consider and reply to your post.............

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/10/25

Obviouse, you have no clue what you are talking about I have been there for her. suggesting things she need to do for a new job, updating her cv. checking up on her every single day. asking her how she is, trying to come up with ideas to reduce stress in her life.

she is avoiding any talk about pregnancy and I have respected this and dont talk about it when I talk to her.

wow you are really a mean person. i didnt ask to fall pregnant before her it just happened.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Obvious | 2011/10/24

its not a question of her not being there for you but rather a case of you NOT being there for her. How do you think she is feeling? try showing empathy - she is the one who is not preggies - you should be not needing support, you have what she wants. try being a more sympathetic friend and less self absorbed.

Reply to Obvious
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011/10/24

i would have been happy for her if she was pregnant before me. its not all about me but we have been friends forever and i have always been there for her. i just find it hard that she is not there for me now.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Megan | 2011/10/24

I understand how you are both feeling. Let her come round in her own time. It''s not either of your fault but I know it is a tough time for her. Good Luck and Congrats!

Reply to Megan
Posted by: Regular | 2011/10/24

How would you feel if she were pregnant and you were not?Remember compassion................

Reply to Regular
Posted by: Truth | 2011/10/24

Your friends reaction is normal,try not to be 2 full of yourself. Not everything is about you!

Reply to Truth