Question
Posted by: Nonnie | 2011/05/26

Update

I have once again, broken it off with my bf. He told me that he finally realises that he stands a real risk of losing me if he doesn''t change his lifestyle. I am so tired of going back every time! He denies ever cheating on me even if the person involved told me that he spent time with her. He feels that I went spying on him whilst he was away in another town. I had her number and pretended to be the agent for the place where they stayed. Another person, who he claimed, lived in another town, works and stays about 5 km away from him. When I confronted him with these facts he agreed that there is and never will be any trust and respect between us. But he said this more out of anger. I think it is because he has been caught out on his own lies. Now he is saying that his ex wife has regained her respect for him, not only in his capacity as a medical professional, but as her ex husband...I am havign difficulty letting go.

If you're really "so tired of going back every time" why do you keep doing so ? Changing a bad life-style or set of habits is difficult ; promising to do so is awfully easy.
If he was behaving himself, you would have found nothing at all wrong when you investigated. If his ex-wife has regained trust in a serial cheater, more fool her. Why do you find it so hard to let go of someone who clearly cares very little about you and your feelings ? Don't you deserve better than this ?

1