Posted by: Booo | 2009-07-06

Hello sir! Well I went for my eeg test tis morning was abit nervous though but when I saw what it actually is I laughed, the test came back normal, the neurologist that saw me afterwards disapproved of me being put on epilim he prefers me to go onto something like cipralex or Effexor like make a switch try that approach and see, my gp feels the same way so does my cousn whose a doctor in Gauteng the only persn who dosnt agree is the psychiatrist i AM GOING FOR A 2ND OPINION on Wednsday at the momment I am great still on 40mg of Cip and 0.5 rivotril hopefully by next week Ill be off the Rivotril I do want to switch my meds Im hearing good reviews on Cipralex about its efficacy on a lower dose rasther than 40mg of Cipramil its worth a try dont you think?

The EEG is indeed a fascinating test, and can pick up traces of a number of problems. Sounds like you have a majority in favour of the switch in meds, and the second opinion is a very sensible idea. Certainly worth trying the new sugestions Cipralex is actually closely related to Cipramil ( as the names might sugest ) --- some chemicals, including some meds, curiously can exist in two diferent molecular forms, Right and Left-handed, and sometimes one "handed" version works differently or more actively than the other, and Cipralex is a one-handed variety of Cipramil which combines both hands, as it were.