Question
Posted by: Boo | 2009-07-02

update

I ended up finally going to my psychiatrist he feels that my treatment is not effective that being the cipramil 40 mg he feels I should try Epilium or Epilim dont know how to spell it 300mg he says if that works for me he will wean me of the cipramil he also told me to take O.5mg of rivotril this all very much concerns me because firstly he just told me Epilium/epilim[dont know how to spell] is an alternative to the traditional cipramil route if patients dont respond well to cipramil do you agree with this method? I personally think I should take rivotril for a week and see how things go Im scared to take this new drug hes prescribing can you shed some thoughts please.

It's Epilim. Like Rivotril, popular with a number of speialists for mood disorders, especially bipolar type disorders, but with useful stabilizing properties. IOf course I can't second-guess your shrink, as he has the great adantage of having assessed you carefully and more than once. I don't see any good reason to be scared of the new drug he recommends, and it's worth a try. Some people have few problems with side-effects, and if any arise, they tend to fade as your body adjusts to the drug in the first week or two.