Posted by: boo01 | 2009-02-01

I seriously did not know there was another BOO, Anyways I went to my psychologist I am feeling a little better he has told me that everytime I think of dying or death or getting ill that I should visualise a red robot saying stop...I am trying to do that but dont know if its going to help he also told me never to underestimate the pwer of prayer I dont pray much and as a muslim I should be it does help he also told me to speak to our local imam about life and the after life etc atm I am still not all quite there I went to gym today and yes you guessed it I got dizzy I started panicking this dizziness wont leave me I am guessing I need to see an ENT or a cardiologist about this head rush and dizzy spells I get upon weight training exertion have you got any suggestions?Also what do you think of my psychologist lol?

Gosh, so I have stereophonic Boos. Scary. That thought-stopping technique can be remarkably effective --- the problem is that it sounds so very easy, that people find it hard to believe in it and really try it. If one can get past the thought that it sounds silly and trivial compared with the awful feelings you get, I find some people are helped if they wear a rather loose rubber band round their wrist, and when the nasty thoughts start, snap it on the wrist to give a sharp minor paion / shock, while picturing that robot or whatever screaming STOP ! I like the idea of talking things over spiritually with the imam. Often these days we can get so wound up in the sheer living of life and all it's busy-ness that even if we are troubled by thoughts of mortality, we don't take the time to put it in its appropriate framework. Notice the automatic negative thinking you are experiencing ? "this dizziness won't leave me" -- "of course I got dizzy", CBT within counselling deals with recog nizing and combatting those reflex negative assumptions.
As to seeing an ENT or cardiologist, maybe think it through beforehand --- if they assess you as major experts in their field, and tell you they have found nothing sinister wrong with your body --- will you allow yourself to believe them, and feel relieved ?