Posted by: hurt | 2009-03-24

up and down relationship

I have been in a 10 and a bit year relationship with my partner,m it has not been easy for he has a habbit of going out at night drinking and getting home at 2am. The problem is that every time we reach a place where our realtionship is very good and stable he does something (like drinking and gettin home late, verbal abuse, and having a one night stand recently) to mess it up. I have asked him if this is a way to get out of the relationship, but he denies that is the reason, we have to get serious couple counselling to work this out, I can not have this up and down mess in my life no more, please advise ....

Why have you chosen, for a decade, to stay with someon so immature that he goes out drinking late into the night ? He sounds psycholoicall abisive, too. You know what's needed, if you have any idea of staying in the relationship --- serious couples counselling --- FAMSA can recommend some suitable counsellors near you. If he refuses counselling, then reconsider if it is worth remaining with someone who needs help and refuses it, and will not make you any happeier than this

Posted by: Really | 2009-03-24

Hi Hurt,

Isn' t 10 years too long for you to still keep on waiting for him to be responsible for his actions and behaviour?

Reply to Really
Posted by: Soul | 2009-03-24

Going for couples councelling is a good idea especially if he wants to save your relationship. You deserve more than this, he needs to make an effort from his side. I would say give it a chance but let him know you won' t stand for his behaviour and will leave to have a better and happier life.

Reply to Soul