Posted by: Wendy | 2009-08-20

Unwelcome cat

I live in a complex and own a cat of my own. Unfortunately there is a rather large grumpy cat that comes into my house and eats my cats food and starts fights with her. My cat doesn' t retaliate as the cat is huge. It is difficult to catch the pestering cat as he is surprisingly quick for his size. I have managed twice to catch him and have dunked him in a bucket of water but a few weeks later he is back again. What can I do to keep him out of my house without it interfering with my cats happiness. I have to leave a window open for my cat as she doesn' t use a litter tray. Please help, I' m now at my wits end.

Dear Wendy

catch him and have him neutered, you get cat flaps that will only open for your cat

Posted by: E.S. | 2009-08-24

I had a cat coming into my apartment for months now. I didn' t mind him eating my cats food, because his owner abandoned him. But he sprayed! I borrowed a trap from the vet, but he managed to escape. He kept coming back and last week, I finally caught him. I slept with a rope from the window to my bed. When i heard him come in I shut the window, let him go into the bathroom, and from there put him in a carrier. The SPCA came to pick him up, and now there' s the possibility that he might go live on a farm.
Good luck!

Reply to E.S.
Posted by: Peace Keeper | 2009-08-21

Don' t leave your cat food out. Feed your cat twice/three times a day and remove the food she doesn' t eat.
The other cat will soon realize that there is no need for him to enter your house.

Reply to Peace Keeper

Ur best best may be to call the SPCA. Does your cat just not like the litter tray or is that your preference. I know some people don' t like having a litter tray in their home.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-08-20

You can make a complaint to the body corporate as well as the owners. If they refuse, contact the SPCA about the problem animal.