Question
Posted by: Liza | 2011-04-21

Unwanted train buddy

I take the train to work every morning. My problem is with this woman who takes the same train as I do. She latched onto me as her train buddy and she just cannot stop talking. She also talks the most BS I''ve ever heard. I mentioned that I''m a computer programmer (once when I got in a word edgewise), now she thinks that she knows everything about computers BUT she only knows enough to be dangerous according to me. She goes on and on about how great she is with computers - but she talks so much rubbish that it doesn''t even make sense. She tries to make it sound like she has the technical knowledge, but she throws technical terms into her verbal diarrea that has absolutely nothing to do with what she''s talking about.

I''ve tried to put her off by taking a book with and opening the book to read as soon as I get onto the train, but the verbal diarrea just continues. Her conversation is just so enervating (because I continually have to try and figure out what the h#ll she''s talking about). It''s gotten so bad that I now sometimes just get a later train to avoid her, but then I get to work 30 minutes later.

What should I do? I want to be polite, but that might not be an option any longer...

As you later asked, I will ignore this one and respond the other time it gets posted

1