Question
Posted by: LEE | 2010/09/03

Unwanted Pregnancy

I''m 18 weeks pregnant and don''t think i''m ready to have this baby.
I was rape and to me it just feels like it''s gonna be the image of that pervert and i really can''t live with it for the rest of my life.
I do want a child but not in this way.
Please help what am i suppost to do?

You could have an abortion if you wanted but you have left it quite late and would have to see someone as soon as possible. Adoption is the other option.

6
Posted by: zoe | 2010/09/08

go get the book by francene rivers utountmant child.
its about a girl who got raped and in the end dicided to keep the baby.
now one can tell you what to do but remember that you have to live with the disision you make for the rest of your live.
i have been raped and i thank God that i did not fall pregnand. but if i were in your shoes ill have the baby adopted he/she deserves a chance to live give some one a chance to be a mommy and daddy.

Reply to zoe
Posted by: Jvdw | 2010/09/06

As an adoptive mom who tried for years to get pregnant and then became a Mom through adoption you''ll make a couple very happy by granting them the ultimate gift if you do put your baby up for adoption!

Please feel free to contact the Catholic Women''s League on 011 618 1533 ask to speak to Connie or Bridget as they operate the Pregnancy Crisis line and can help you make the best decision for yourself and your baby!

Reply to Jvdw
Posted by: Sheenah | 2010/09/05

Hi there..
First I just want to say that I am sorry to hear about the rape..!
And I can just imagine that you might think of this every time you see the baby..!
BUT you can turn this into a positive..and love the child growing inside you..he or she did not ask to begin life via rape..!
I would love to have a child to care for..cant get pregnant and adoption makes it difficult because they think 40 is TOO OLD..!
What if this is the only time you can get pregnant..?
Pray for answers..
PLEASE dont get a abortion..rather give someone out there a chance to be parents and love your baby..
Will keep you in my prayers and I will pray that you make the right choice for the unborn child as well as yourself..
You have to live with your choice..
Good luck..x

Reply to Sheenah

Posted by: Pisces | 2010/09/03

i am so sorry to hear about what happened to you...
maria is correct...think about the options carefully and decide.
you can also chat on the adoption forum for more advise.

lots of hugs and kisses to you.

Reply to Pisces
Posted by: Maria | 2010/09/03

Dear Lee (((HUGS))). I''m so sorry that you have to go through this. I can quite understand that you would not want to raise this baby which leaves you with two options. You can have the baby adopted, or you can have an abortion up to 20 weeks because you were raped. I suggest that you urgently contact a social worker or clinic and talk to someone. Where in the country are you? You can contact ABBA adoptions, Johannesburg Child Welfare, BADISA or FAMSA for help. Google for contact details in your area. Please whatever you do don''t go for a back street abortion that can be seriously dangerous to your health. Take care.

Reply to Maria