Posted by: Niloufar | 2008-11-10

Unusual tummy

I went to see my Doctor over some insect bite last week and while I was there I thought I should let him know about other problems I have been experiencing, firstly, for the past two years, my tummy gets swollen immediatly after I pass stools or pass gas, though its not painful, it makes very loud noise even when I' m not hungry, I normally expect tummy to get smaller after passing stools, I am also lactose intollerant and now using goat milk which has never given problems compared to cow milk, I cant even eat ice cream or any desert with milk in it, my doc said something about acid but said I should come back after finishing my insect bite treatment. secondly, my palms and feet get unusually hot especially in the evenings but the rest of my body is fine, its also not painful but very uncomfortable that I end up waking up and standing on the tiled floor and placing my hands against the wall just to coo myself, this has been happening for the last 6 months even in winter, when that happens I cant even fall asleep unless I resort to cooling those hot parts of my body. Before I go back to my Doctor, do I really need to get checked by her? is it a serious problem? Can I get over the counter medication for all this?

Dear Niloufar
It really sounds as if you are lactose intolerant, so I agree that you should rather avoid milk - in fact I think you should avoid goats milk as well and rather try soya milk. Try Probiotics 1 three times a day for the bloating. It sounds as if you get hot flushes in the hands and feet - Menograine may help for this.