Question
Posted by: aya | 2009-01-08

unusual period

hi

I am 27 yrs old. Last month my period came at the correct date. However the period was only a dark discharge that lasted for 4 days.

Two weeks thereafter I had period like cramps esp on the lower right side. The pain hurt more when going to the toilet. Fourteen days later after the unusual period I got my period again. This time the bleeding was normal and lasted for 6 days.

I am not on any medication/birth control. What could be wrong??

Dear aya
You may have had a breakthrough bleed the first time. Sometimes this is due to hormonal fluctuations due to stress or infection or medications. It is normally not harmful but if it persists you may need to go for a gyne checkup and some blood tests.