Posted by: Maya | 2009-10-23

Unusual nausea and vomiting

Dear Doc, I vomit every single time I drink any liquids except tea and coffee. This has been happening for a week already. So I have stayed away from liquids except tea and coffee. What could this be and what can I do for it. Also I feel dizzy everytime I get up from sitting. Please help.

You should consult a doctor for a gastroscopy and a barium meal swallow as soon as possible, to exclude hiatus hernia or severe gastric irritation with reflux. The vomitting has to be investigated, as it can have serious consequences. The dizziness can merely be postural hypertension.

Your doctor will be able to evaluate your dizziness.

Posted by: Ellen | 2009-10-23

There is a possibility that you might be pregnant. Take a test if its negetive then you must go and see the Doc.

Reply to Ellen