Unusual eating habits

My 1 year old bull terrier has started eating the other dog' s poo. This is embarising and discusting. Any tips on how to stop this before it becomes a hbit. I have increased his daily food allowance and feed him twice a day. We feed him and the other dog pedegree. Please help.

Dear Anon

Worm him, feed him on Hills, Eukanuba or Royal Canin. You can try pineapple in both diets or a ferrous sulphate 200mg daily in the food.

Thanks for your help, I will try a diff kind of dog food and add a little pineapple for spice...

Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-15

Increasing his food won' t help, by the way, unless he really is underfed which seems unlikely. They don' t do this because of hunger - just because they like it. A couple of bits of pineapple, or the ferrous sulphate, is supposed to make it taste bad to them.

Otherwise, it' s sure disgusting, but it actually doesn' t do any harm.

Reply to Chill