Question
Posted by: sue | 2009/08/12

unusual colour of tongue

I have bronchitis now for the past week, and am taking antibiotics as well as cough medicine. I have noticed that my entire tongue has turned from a pink colour to black colour, I have tried brushing my tongue but to no avail. I am so concerned and stressed and it is also embarassing. Please advise on how to get my tongue pink again and what to do. Please help me

Dear Sue
This is caused by bacterial overgrowth and could be due to the antibiotics. It usually clears up by itself and is not harmful at all. Try using an antiseptic mouthwash and take probiotics three times daily.