Posted by: Janice | 2008-12-09

unsure where problem lies

Dear Dr

I was diagnosed with severe endo, had 4 lapscopes. did 7 ivf cycles with own eggs, only divide into 2 cells and not further. Had 1st donor egg cycle, with 2 blasts transferred, but unfortunately miscarried after BFP, count dropped after 2nd test. Had operation in July this year to remove endo and checked if uterus is normal. Did another donor egg cycle, which 2 compact embryo' s were transferred after day 5 but Bloodtest was negative. I you have severe endo, do I have an immune problem. Is my body rejecting the embryo' s, what can be done in my situation. No fertility specialist could ever confirm my problem accept for the endo. they said the endo could not have caused the chemical pregnancy. The donor used they only aspirated 7 eggs, but there was nothing to freeze. My husband' s tests all came back normal. I am so dispondent, because nobody can tell me where my problem really lies. I' m 34 yrs of age and been strugling since the age of 26.

Please note that during the festive season and annual shut down period no questions were attended to. The experts are back and if you are still interested in a response to your post, please re-post the question and it will be attended to promptly.

Kind regards

Dr M.I. Cassim and Dr Y. Dasoo