Question
Posted by: flabbergasted | 2009/09/28

Unregistered UK firm and immediate dismissal

I worked for a small UK firm in SA for 5 months. No issues, fights etc - boss hops on a plane on Sat and on Monday tells me I must go as I am not the right type for his company? One month salary.

I have been told because he is a UK firm and did not register as an employer in SA I have no recourse to the CCMA?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: UNREGISTERED UK FIRM & IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL

If you work in South Africa you are covered by the South African Labour Legislation. It makes no difference where your Company is registered or where they come from. You have recourse in the CCMA against any Company whether they are registered or not.