Question
Posted by: kitty | 2011/02/06

unprotected sex and antibiotics

i am on the pill(Yasmin)have been for 3years . i had unprotected sex with my steady boyfriend . The day after i had unprotected sex i was put on antibiotics and cortisone . Am i still safe ? i no antibiotics weaken the pill , but does takin antibiotics the day after still have an effect on pregnancy ? plz help

Dear Kitty,

As far as my knowledge goes the fact that the antibiotic was initiated the day after the unprotected sexual encounter, in all likelyhood you would be safe.

Once you are on the antibiotic and till up to 7 days after women are advised to keep using added contraceptive protective measures.

1
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/02/06

Dear Kitty,

Reply to sexologist