Question
Posted by: Annon | 2012/06/04

UNPROTECTED SEX

Good day

should you have unprotected sex and take ARV''s the very next day for two weeks are you still at risk of contracting the virus

Yes, you are still at risk of contracting the virus. Consult your doctor for blood tests.

2
Posted by: Annon | 2012/06/05

No I mean it happened once so I immediately started ARV''s. I was advised to take it for two weeks just to be safe. I also dont know if my partner is HIV pos. He keeps putting off being tested therefore we use protection and in this case it tore.

I''m far from irrisponsible.

Reply to Annon
Posted by: Mandisa | 2012/06/05

Do you mean:- have unprotected sex, take arv''s for 2 weeks, have unprotected sex, take arv''s for 2 weeks, have un.................etcetc.
If it was this simple - hiv would not exist! Unprotected sex is not safe thats it.

Reply to Mandisa