Question
Posted by: Roxanne | 2012/02/20

Unprotected Sex

Hi Dr i had unprotected sex on Friday at abt 11pm , he was using he inserted a condom infront of me - then he put the lights off and it was dark.
When we he was abt to ejaculate he immediately,took his penis out of my vagina , that is when i realised he took the condom of in the dark.
Is it possible for me to contract HIV (AIDS) or an STD in such an instence. i am so worried cause i am a person always knowing my status and taking care abt my health. I went to a dr yesterday he did the rapid HIV test on me and it was negative, he then prescribed lamzid ARV''s as the 72hour protection, do u think i should take the tablets as a precaution measure.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Roxanne

Unfortunately you may indeed have contracted a STD from this. Following the doctor's advice (and taking the prescribed ARV's) is advised. A follow-up test - something your doctor probably have already discussed with you - is also adivsed.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/21

Hi Roxanne

Reply to pharmacist