Question
Posted by: Anony | 2009-07-07

Unpleasant inviroment

Hi There, i need advice on what to do, going to explain as short as i can

been working in a company for 1yr an 2 months, so far this year only took 3anual leave days and 3- 4 days sick leave.

Earlier in this year i got booked of for 1 week by my dentist cos i had a bad tooth extraction(wisdom tooth grew undr another tooth)of wich i only took 1 day. day after thooth extraction i phoned my manager and told him im not coming in as my face was swollen and i was in pain and on strong meds that made me sleep and he did not have a problem and told me its fine he understands, after speaking to him one of the ladies i work with phoned and started screaming and shouting and told me that she is giving me 15min to get to the office, i told her i spoke to the manger and he said its fine she then said she does not care and i have 15min and put the phone down, ten min later she phoned again so my mom answered as i was getting ready to go in to work she told my mom that i am giving her a bad name and that the owner did not want to employ me in the first place, thet was never mentioned to me, i d know this lady personaly aswell, so later she phoned agai and told me that i should not come in so i left it at that and never heard a word of it again, but i was devistated about it all

Then now in June i got sick with flu and took one day on a wednesday, gave in my sick note the thursday and i was actually booked of for thursday and friday but went back on the thursday. I had to go and do my lisince the friday and i did book anual leave for that day a month in advance, The thursday when i got to work another lady came into my office and told me that she has been given the task by the owner to inform everyone in the office that we have a meeting on the friday about everyone being of sick too much, and that if i dont like what he said i can look for another job. i was devistated as i felt this was aimed at me as i was of sick the day before and i had to go do my lisinse the next day(day of meeting) later found out that nobody else knew about the meeting exept the one that phoned me when i was sick with tooth. I did not go in that day as i had to go do my lisinse and i did book anual leave for that day and tought i would explain the monday. Monday when i walked in the office i found out there was no meeting at all and it was just a story between these two ladies just to upset me.

I am the receptionist in the company and whenever i go to the toilet i have to arrange that somone take the phone for a min, the lady taking the phone when i need the toilet started moaning, saying that i use the toilette to often and she is now timing me, when it is within a hour apart theres big stories

please advice on what i can do about it as i now need to see a shrink for depression about all this and i am afraid of losing my job when saying anything

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: UNPLEASANT ENVIRONMENT

It is suggested that you raise a grievance because it looks like it is one individual in the company trying to get you into trouble.