Question
Posted by: S | 2008/06/22

Unnusual Period

Hi Doc,

I had a new IUD inserted recently. Why I am mentioning this is because this change in my period is from approx that time. When I start to get my period the first 2 days there is a brownish discharge (very light) and is not my period. It is more of a brown mucus discharge. 2 Days after this I will start to get my period VERY BAD.....I was usually VERY LIGHT and No pain but since then I bleed very heavily and with alot of pain. This never use to happen in all the years of using the IUD device. Could you please help me....my worry is actually this brown discharge before the period

Thanks Doc,

It's normal for the bleeding to be funny just after the insertion of an IUD. If you are really concerned, please have a scan with your doctor to check that it's in the coorect place.