Question
Posted by: bev | 2009/12/08

unnecessary periods

I’ ve been having erratic periods for the greater part of the year. My doctor put me on the control pill and I’ ve been taking that for about one and a half months. Last month I experienced some sort of bleeding for one and a half weeks before having my period. My period ended last week Wednesday but as of yesterday (Tuesday) I’ m spotting again. Is it that the control pill is not working? What else can be done? I’ m only 26 but the idea of a hysterectomy is really tempting. Please help!

It sounds like the pill you are taking is not helping. You don't say what you are taking so it is difficult to comment. Hysterectomy is not a good option at your age. There are other options such as the Mirena.

1