Posted by: Gloria | 2012-05-09

Dear Dr

I feel very unmotivated at the moment. I suffer from Bipolar II but had to stop the Lamictin and Abilify I was taking because I''m 5 weeks pregnant. I''ve also been recently diagnosed with a slightly underactive thyroid and only recently started taking Eltroxin for that. What can I do to up my motivation levels? I''m working and I''m stressed because I feel unmotivated. I''m even thinking of changing my job to a half-day job so that I can do more pleasurable activities while I''m pregnant. What do you suggest?

I suggest that you consult your psychiatrist to determine if you are suffering from depression or if the bipolar disease is flaring up, causing your symptoms. The doctor will also do blood tests, to determine if your underactive thyroid is well controlled. It is really important to consult the psychiatrist as soon as possible to prevent yourself from falling into a severe depression, where you will be unable to help yourself.