Question
Posted by: Amy | 2010/04/02

Unloved

My uncle died and instead of being with me my partner of 6yrs went to drink and party with friends. What does that say bout him?

Nothing good - a selfish and uncaring response. As Maria says, deal with this individual episode, but plan for the future based on whether this is part of a longer-term plan.
One other thought, though - Not everyone is much upset by the loss of an uncle or aunt, though some of us are. Did you explain to him how you felt about this, or did you expect him to think of this himself or to ask you ? At the very least he sounds like the wrong guy to rely on to do the right thing emotionally based on clairvoyance or emotional sensitivity

4

Posted by: Amy | 2010/04/02

Cybershrink what do u think?

Reply to Amy
Posted by: Amy | 2010/04/02

Thanx 4 replying maria. If u mean has he put his friends ahead of me b4 ,then yes. Just thought this wud be different

Reply to Amy
Posted by: Maria | 2010/04/02

It probably says that either he didn''t realise how badly this was effecting you and that you needed support, or he just doesn''t care enough about you. Only you can make that distinction. One cannot however throw away 6 years of relationship based on one incident. Is this a pattern?

Reply to Maria