Question
Posted by: Arpad Barath | 2011/11/21

Unlawfull prescription drug LORDS

My late Wife was drug-ed to death by a doctor and pharmacy
who dint think twice about what they where doing to my Wife and every one and thing that had to and still does suffer because of there greed for money. How can I take these legal drug lord''s to court so they can explain whey they started 2010 of by prescribing a set amount of pills for my Wife and landed up giving Her over one hundred pills in one scrip and the doctor knows about my Wife''s past and addictive personality .The drugs they had my Wife on are not to be taken lightly, EPITEC 50 mg , DORMICUN 15 mg , STILNOX 12.5 mg , TRAMACET 37.5 mg , ATERAX 25mg , COXFLAM 7.5 mg and ASPEN LANSOPRAZOLE30 . She committed suicide on the 01/01/2011.She was so hi she was not aware of what she was about to do. P/L/S HELP

Sorry to hear about this A.
Any prescribing doctor has a duty to take all relevant factors into consideration in choosing what to prescribe, how much to give at a time, and how closely to monitor the effects. If someone has a past history of becoming addicted to or dependent on psych drugs, they should be used only with great caution that the treatment should be discussed with patient and spouse, and should ONLY be conducted by a properly qualified specialist psychiatrist - such complicated cases should not be managed by a GP alone.
I don't understand the combinations of meds she was given. Lansoprazole and Coxflam are for medical disorders. Tramacet is an opiate painkiller, which should be used with real caution in someone with a history of addiction / dependence. Stilnox, and dormicum and Aterax are all very sedative meds to aid sleep ( Aterax is onsolete and not a good idea anyway ) - I have nop idea why anyone would be given all three, let alone if they had a history of previous addiction / dependency or abuse of such meds.
You would need to consult a lawyer for advice on the legal aspects of what might be possible to do, and would then need a medical and/or pharmacological expert to testify as to the wisdom or otherwise of the meds prescribed in the actual situation.

1

Sorry to hear about this A.