Question
Posted by: Terrence | 2008/06/24

Unknown Signs and Symptoms

Good Evening

My brother, 33 years old is a paramedic in a private ambulance service. He has developed the following symptoms. Tachycardia (150bpm), hypertension (196/105), fever (39 degrees C), body pains, constant ringing in the ears, overall weakness, coughing, itchy eye. Despite blood tests done by his GP, the GP is still unable to give a diagnoses. The blood tests revealed high cholestrol. The GP is now querying encaphilites, meningites or some type of virus. The GP today admistered 1000mg of antibiotics and various other medications for pain and fever. My brother is slightly overweight but has never been this ill before. Any ideas as to what could be wrong? Your help will be appreciated.
Terrence

Hi Terrence
His symptoms do indicate infection - other things one must keep in mind is tickbite fever or malaria especially if he moves into malaria areas from time to time.

2
Posted by: Thethe | 2009/04/07

i am a High BP patient and i have a strange feeling that there something troubling me other that HBP, i have a very terrible irritation on my throat its like something stucked there that if i take or drink water that can go away or easy the irritation but it doesnt, so i want to know if its something i should worry about or whether it could be HBP causing it? your assistance will be highly appreciated.

Reply to Thethe
Posted by: none3 | 2009/02/06

Hi.
I wonder if you can help me with something? I know someone that has a constant bad cough which sometimes ends up in her coughing blood. I know that she went for a full medical and was tested for TB and all kinds of things and nothing was picked up on the tests meaning that she did not have it. I am very worried about her and I am just wondering what else it could be.

Reply to none3