Question
Posted by: Trev | 2011/04/11

Unions

Having read many of the forums comments and questions, I am convinced that many of the readers concerns could be easily addressed if they were to belong to a good union. I realise that this view is not popular in many circles,but it is the accpeted international norm ,and believe me, my union membership fee every month is worrth every cent of it, and more. I am a hard working individual with a professional level of work ethic,but without the union memebership,I would be worse off both in terms of working conditions, job security,benefits etc.

The only people who dont believe in unions are those who have never needed their services personally, and/or greedy and exploitive employers ,who as a result of their attitudes/actions would never get the best out of people,as they believe that employees arent people,but merely an economic entity/or comodity.

To a large degree, I think this explains the low productivity in South Africa.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Unions

The comment about unions is a good one in that unions are specifically there to help employees with their queries and they normally give good advice.

1
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/04/11

re: Unions

Reply to Labour Lawyer