Question
Posted by: Trev | 2010/10/06

Unions

Reading much of the problems outlined on this forum, I think 95 percent of them would never have occurred if the complainants had to belong to a good strong union.Traditionally,so called''white collar'' employees have been brainwashed into believing that Union membership is ''communistic''and that Unions are there to restrict productivity etc etc,[as I was taught at school] whereas in fact they are there to enforce employees rights.The notion of discouraging organised labour suites the pockets of a greedy bullying few.what is often forgotten is that a well remunerated and happy workforce,is often a more productive workforce.[The Vroom expectancy theory] Human beings are more than just a supply and demand economic comodity.
I suspect that this view would not go down well for the average office employee, who are unaware that many of the rights and/or benefits which they enjoy, and which are legislation today, have their roots in the efforts of organised labour.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: ;UNIONS

Unions are the cornerstone of our Labour Relations Act and our Industrial Relations System. They are vital for the healthy wellbeing of our workforce.

4
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2010/10/18

RE: ;UNIONS

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Trev | 2010/10/09

You are allowed to join a union with or without your companies permission.Thats one of your basic rights.

Reply to Trev
Posted by: Nar | 2010/10/07

Not all companies allow employees to have union. i for for a big corporate company we are not allowed to have unions, and i am in trouble.

Reply to Nar
Posted by: Whena | 2010/10/07

Trev

I wish that what you say were true. Unfortunately in SA most unions are so into politics that they have forgotten their purpose

Reply to Whena