Question
Posted by: Adel | 2009-12-02

Uniodized salt water cleanse

I came across the master cleanse to detox the body. You have to drink 2 teaspoons of uniodized salt water evry morning for minimum of ten days. I have done this for 2 days and had amazing result with going to the loo. I would just like to know if all this salt can be good for teh body? Does it kill your good bacteria?

Dear Adel
I am totally against all these weird and wonderful detox regimens - they do more harm than good. It is NOT at good idea to ingest all this salt as high salt or sodium intakes can damage the kidneys and increase blood pressure. The induced diarrhoea will also have a negative effect on your 'good' colon bacteria. Please read the articles on constipation by clicking on 'Diet' at the top of this page, and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read Articles 123 and 124 about healthy colon practices.
Take care

2
Posted by: Grizelle | 2009-12-07

Adel,
Die Mater Cleansing wat jy doen. Is dit die een wat 100% Maple Syrup moet gebruik? Indien dit dieselfde is, waar het jy die stroop gekry?? Ek soek maar vind nie. Indien dit nie dieselfde is nie, sal ek bly wees as ieman anders dalk kan help.
Help asb!!

Reply to Grizelle
Posted by: DietDoc | 2009-12-02

Dear Adel
Take care