Question
Posted by: SICK N TIRED | 2009-07-08

unhappy-need a new career

Where to start what do i do? I have been in life insurance for 10 years. i have reached a point where i feel there is no further growth and development for me within the department of 60 people. i have spoken to management about other opportunities and personal growth, i was told there is no new changes at the moment but if something comes up i will be considered. Nothing has come up. I am totally board with my current job- i don' t want to come to work and be here but i have to as i have responsibilties. i have been applying with external companies with no call backs for interviews only declines. it' s been more than a year now and i seem to be running out of solutions. I have even spoken to the divisional directors responsible for the branches and hubs to try and do a swop or replacement and nothing. i am becoming tired, depressed, lethargic, don' t want to do this anymore attitude. What are my other options. HR cannot help me, they say i have to speak to my manager or apply for jobs internally...................

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

It seems that you have taken ownership of the problem, dealt with it and not had much success. You should probably compile your CV and send it out into the market. Do not do anything hasty!