Question
Posted by: ANON | 2012/10/14

UNHAPPY

I am so unhappy with myself. I cannot seem to wrap my mind around the fact that I am gaining weight, look terrible, feel terrible,getting older. In my 40" s going through menopause. I am going to gym and trying to eat properly but still feel horrible. I dont even want to put on a costume to suntan and most of the family are down on the beach and i cannot get myself to even go there. My husband doesn''t help either, no reassurance even though i try and talk to him and tell him that is what i need. But typical man I guess, no romance, no nothing.

Aging happens tom everyone, and is almost always preferableto its alternative. Menopause, hormonally, doesn't help to improve one's mood and optimism, but doesnt need to be allowed to cominate. If you are using a good diet and exercise program, your feeling horrible is probably not primarily about weight. Men may think they're being romantic in ways that women don't recognize as such, and not really receiving much of what they perceive as romantic attention, don't perhaps realize how important this is to anyone else.
Maybe a check that you're not getting significantly depressed would be wise, and personal counselling could help yopu adjust your atitudes in ways you would find agreeable and useful. Remember that how great you are, doesn't dpend on what anyone else thinks or says, but on your own positive attitude towards yourself

1