Posted by: Kelly | 2009-04-01

Hi There!

Thanks for the reply!
I will make a plan to walk twice a week too besides the hiking.
I got the flu yesterday and although i my body feels beter from the hiking aches and pains now my whole body is aching fromt the flu!
Its awful! So i was just wondering if its because of the hike that i suddenly got the flu because i overdone myself on Sunday.
Hope its all done by the weekend though as i will be hiking again on Sunday but then again also on Wed.for just as long.
This would be fine right, well as long as i stop and turn around if i don' t feel i can go further.

HI Kelly

Shame, that's a pity. I suspect your illness may be associated with overdoing it - we know that a very stressful event, including a bout of exercise, can compromise the immune system, so perhaps it's that. Could be unrelated, a co-incidence, but there is a chance. If your body is still aching, then it's best not to exercise. If it's cleared up, then it's OK, but always better to be safe than sorry. You have to be sure that your body is cleared of a virus, because it can be risky to train with a virus.

Good luck, I hope the flu goes away and that the hike is a success!