Posted by: Lindsay | 2010-06-08

Unfairnes: boss and co-worker

Have you any advice for me please. I work with another woman in the same office, we do exactly the same work. My boss favours her as they come a long way back. She makes many mistakes, is rude to people and usually runs to the boss with gossip. She will come in early and stay late, will even do management''s dishes for them. when we have group discussions she will tell the whole group that the people that i have to attend to, always comes to her as they dont get answers from me, she will not see the sun shine over anybody but herself. we recently had a performance review, my boss never comes in to the office and is never involved with what we do around here, but the 2 of them have their office chats after hours. out of a scor of 5, she got a 3.5, and i scored a 2. she is always up to date with whats happening in the company, and im left in the dark, she gets send on training, me not. I cannot go to the unions as we both are in HR. there is a huge retrenchment coming up, and she is already intimidating me by making comments, although a blind person would be able to see what will be happening, if HR is affected.... how do i deal with this as i have tried everything, even shared my side of the story with my boss, but nothing seems to happen except that a day or what later, she will comment on what i had told my boss in confidentiality....any help please???????

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Lindsay,my initial response is cut your losses and seek alternative employment. Office politics will be find everywhere. This situation spelled out in detail by you seems intractable. Prepare a great CV and seek alternative employment.