Question
Posted by: Metja | 2011/05/05

Unfair Salary

Good Morning,

I have been working for this company under the recruitment Agency for four years, I use to work one year contract till they changed to six months contracts.I just noticed that the salary Im getting is not market related, I benchmark ed with some companies and Im far behind with the salary,Im IT Technician and earns less than 10000, with UIF only.Everytime there is new IT technician I have to train the person, show how the system works and also the new employees.I work more than anyone in our department.I am the only technician and does everything, place orders, receive deliveries,format machines,Make sure that all teh IT assets are returned from users.Im always early because of trasport from 6am and I leave at 15h50 but I dont claim overtime because I know they wont pay me.I went to HR to try to talk to them but they were not interested in my stories.Our conpany is a big company with remote users and Im doing two people''s jobs wity same salary,I dont get performance bonus and I feel like I do the work and someone gets paid.They dont measure my performance, i dont feel part of the tean, I work because I have responsibilities.The treatment I receive in the company I worked for four years is bad,this is my fifth year.My agent is useless. he only deliver the payslips,I onced called him as I had problems at work but never came or responded to my email,he will never come and ask how is work.he only cares about money

Please advise

Your Faithfully
Metja

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

re: Unfair salary

It appears that you work in an industry that is not governed by a minimum wage. You need to take up this issue with your agent and ask them to find alternative employment.

2
Posted by: Labour Lawyer | 2011/05/31

re: Unfair salary

Reply to Labour Lawyer
Posted by: Consultant | 2011/05/06

I''m so sorry to hear about your circumstances, it cannot be nice for you to wake up every morning to go to work. I''m no expert, and I realise how hard it is to find work in this day and age. But I honestly think you should look for something else - mybe the opposition?- You seem like an honest, harworking man with a lot of knowlegde, see what you can find and rub that under your current employer''s nose, they might be so scared to loose you, you can make some demands.....

It''s far fetched, but worth a shot.

Reply to Consultant