Posted by: give me advise please | 2009-05-29

unfair dismissed

Please tell me if i have a case. 15mnths ago i started a new job. I had a managers position before i moved 2 the new job. I heard of this job and went 4 interviews. They wanted 2 employ me imm. But i told them because of my manager position i have 2 work a notice month. As it turned out i worked 2 months because it fell over a Dec holiday. But in my interview the people told me its a new department and they going 2 open soon. It took 15months and nothing happened. Every now and then they came up with new ideas but nothing ever happend. Luckily i got a contract from them when i started the job and kept all paperwork. Now after 15mnths they phoned me theysday morning and said sorry we have a letter 4 u u don' t have work any more we thought we could start something but we couldn' t. Can i sue them? On what grounds? How do i go about? Do i have a case if they resigned me promising me a department and machines 2 work on basically a new company which never happened. They got me 2 came and work 4 them leaving my steady gr8 job because of gr8 promises they made which never happened. All they say now is sorry goodluck 4 the future and they write it off 4 a bad experience something they couldnt do and they just want 2 forget bout it. Please help me.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

It does sound like you have a case. You should go to the CCMA. Remember you have 30 days in which to report the matter and to complete the form 7.11