Question
Posted by: Suzanne | 2008/07/29

Unfair boss

Hi. Our company is very small, at the moment only 4 employees in SA and no HR department. But we are part of an International company. Our Manager pays our salaries and our Provident fund contributions himself. Is he allowed to do that? We suspect that he only makes payments to our provident fund every 3 months, but have no way to prove it, other that confronting him. Which is not really an option.
I am being victimised. My 2 colleagues come in at 9:30-10:00 in the morning and leave before 3pm in the afternoon. But I have to work 8 hours. One day I left early and he actually phoned me and said that I had a different contract than the others, because I stay closer to work! I am also the only one who has to account for every km I drive to clients on my expense reports. He promised me training in the interview, but apparently now I have to take the initiative to teach myself!
I know it is not right, but I am sure we can' t go too far with him seeing that we don' t have an HR department.
I would be better to resign. What is your opinion of the whole situation?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

it is suggested that you contact the provident fund directly to find out if everything is in order. Just because your two colleagues come late and leave early it does not mean that you have been victimized. if you are employed for 8 hours i is your duty to do the 8 hours. If you widh to resign there is nothing holding you back