Posted by: hayley | 2009-07-30

unexplained weightloss

I am 1.59m I have always weight around 51kg and recently i have lost weight - i now weight 47kg yet I eat very well. My doctor sent me for blood tests (throid, diabetes, platelets) and they all came out fine. I am under quite alot of stress at the moment so I dont know if its maybe from stress? What do you think the reason for the weightloss could be? Should i go back to my doctor? I haven' t lost anymore weight, i seem to have stabalised at 47kg.

Dear Hayley
It could be due to stress. If all the bloods are normal, your physical examination is normal and the weight loss has now stabilized, it is probably not anything serious. Watch out for other symptoms, like night sweats, bleeding, swollen lymphglands, persistent coughing, persistant pain or swellings and let your doctor know if you have any of these.

Posted by: MMMMM | 2009-07-30

Take some worm medicine... only time I lose weight is when I have worms.... yucky but true.

Reply to MMMMM