Question
Posted by: pinky | 2010/08/06

unexplained weight loss

I had my ovaries removed and therefore in surgical menopause. ( 5 months ago ) ( no uterus 5 years ago )
I am not using any HRT. After I had my op I started losing weight and not feeling well ( fatigue )for no apparent reason. I have already lost 8Kg in 5 months time. I am 1.80cm and only weigh 51Kg. I am 36 years old. I did go back to the gynie and i was told not to worry as nothing is wrong.

Could this be because of my hormones? ( No HRT )
or could something else be wrong?

thank you, pinky

I don't think that this can be related to your surgery or hormones.

2
Posted by: S | 2010/08/11

Hi. I think if it was me I would ask my doc to do a variety of blood tests to check what the problem could be.

Reply to S