Question
Posted by: Desperate | 2011-09-01

Unexplained Pelvic pain

I''ve had unexplained pelvic pain for about 4 yrs now. The pain is on my lower right abdomen. I have gone for two laparoscopy but the Gynaecologist cant find anything wrong.

It feel like there is some congestion or some pressure on my right side, the pain will sometimes go to my thigh. Sometimes its like its under the hip bone, sometimes it feels like its from the womb.
The pain sometimes disappears for months, its been back for three week now &  i dont know what to do.

Is there any doctor you can refer me too who specializes in pelvic pain or is there some type of scan that can be used to see what is wrong bcoz with the ultrasound the doctor cant see anything?

I am 36 yrs of age, i dont have any children &  i have never had any operations before which i can say left a scar or adhesion.

I suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist, in order to determine if your pain is due to gastrointestinal pathology. If nothing is found, you should consult an urologist to explore the possibility of bladder pathology, as the cause for your obscure pain.