Question
Posted by: Doreen | 2008/06/10

UNEXPLAINED PAIN

In the last 3 weeks I have been in 3 different hospitals with 3 different specialists, had sonars, x rays, CT scans, colonoscopy and gastroscopy and laperoscopy. I have been having pain in my left side going down towards my groin. They cannot find anything wrong even with the above. I have been having the pain since April and my doctor first thought it might just be an infection but after treatment still the same. I have had 3 caesers, hesterectmy, appendix removed. I was diagnosed last year with an auto immune disease. None of these doctors can come up with a solution and I don't know what to do next

Hallo Doreen
The common medical conditions that cause this type of pain and that is sometimes missed are aorta aneurism, a hernia and kidney stones - but they should have seen an abnormalities there with all the examinations you had. Just get a physiotherapy evaluation for psoas muscle spasm or adductor muscle spasm. Sometimes this can cause severe pain in hip, abdomen and groin area. Did they check your hip joint with x/rays too?
Please let me know if you managed to find the cause?