Question
Posted by: wendy | 2006/03/02

Q.

UNEXPLAINED BACTERIAL INFECTION

I have been having frequent fevers/chills on and off for about 2 months now also my arms have been going dead and have that pins and needles feeling. I went to my GP and he did some blood tests. The results showed an increase in white blood cells and an abnormal Gamma GT test. I was then put on two courses of anitbiotics simultaneously. The fevers are better but the blood tests are still abnormal. I have seen an intern and he also put me onto two courses of antibiotics (Ciprofloxacin and Metazol) but he still cannot tell me where the infection is. On top of that I have picked up a viral influenza which is making me feel quite ill, by the time I went to the doctor it was already in my lungs. I have to be extremely careful with these things seeing as I had a lobectomy a while back and now I tend to pick up all opportunistic viruses which then end up with complications.

I know that I have a problem with taking a long time to recover from infections and viruses usually not without complications. Our GP is also a homeopath and he says that I have that type of constitution. He also says that a tiny residual portion of whatever illness I have will remain in my body and flare up again when the circumstances in my body allow it to stick its head out again. What can be done to prevent this type of thing. I have had a course of injections in the past to build up my immunity but I have to repeat these every year and it is very expensive.

Expert's Reply

A.

Hallo Wendy
Try using oral immunoboosters like Moducare or Viral choice C? I found that it work quite well - Dischem pharmacies are usually the cheapest. The abnormal Gamma GT shows that your liver is not working 100% so be careful with what you eat - try and eat very healthy and do not eat too much proteien.

1
user comments

C.

Posted by: Gerrit | 2006/03/02

Hi, Wendy

What you describe is typical of somebody whose immune system has been compromised. I had it as well, but am cured now. Unfortunately many doctors do not realise that it is often caused by a chronic Rickettsia infection, which can be treated. You do not just “have a constitution like that”; the germs are the cause and break down the victim’s immune system, often over a period of years after the first infection.

The next thing that happens is that persons get at least some of the following: fevers, prolonged fatigue, dizziness, pins and needles, muscle or joint aches, prolonged throat inflammation, abnormal iron levels, abnormal vitamin B levels, abnormal liver functions, abnormal thyroid functions, etc.

One could contract this infection from ticks, lice, mites or fleabites or by consuming raw animal products like unpasteurised milk, oysters, contaminated biltong, droë wors, etc. or by having close contact with animals, birds, stables, etc. It is important to notice that the INITIAL Rickettsia infection COULD HAVE TAKEN PLACE YEARS PRIOR TO THE ONSET OF SYMPTOMS.

If you think you have been exposed at some stage and state in which part of the country you live, I can try to point you to a doctor who would be able to solve the problem where it started.

Hope I can help!

Reply to Gerrit

Want to comment?