Question
Posted by: Danmar | 2008/07/30

Unexpected Dizzy Spells

Good day,
I' m a 30 yr old female and I am currently not suffering from anything else at the moment besides Swimmer' s Ear. It is not painful except for the discomfort of the itchiness and the discharge from my ears. I am not on any medications and did not have any alcohol or any other stimulants.
I have not experienced this before.
Last night I experienced 3 dizzy spells while (still lying) in bed. The first was quite severe - it felt as though the whole room (and bed) was spinning-really, really fast! I even started feeling rather nauseas.
The second happened about 30 mins or so afterwards but at least I didnt feel sick.
The last one was not that bad and didnt last as long as the first two.
Today I feel quite weak and a bit disorientated - as though I hadnt slept for a couple of days!
What could cause this?
Thank you!
Regards,
Danmar

Hi Danmar
This could be due to infection or inflammation of the middle ear, where the balance centre is located. Ask your doctor to prescribe some Serc or Stugeron as this can get quite bad and may cause vomiting and a severe feeling of being off balance.

1
Posted by: Rhyna | 2008/09/10

I am permanently dizzy, I use no medication, have been to severals drs, MRI scan, ear tests and nothing wrong. When I exercise it is even worse, what can be the cause of the dizziness. I have tried Serc and Stugeron and still feel dizzy. I had a terrible stressfull two years, can stress be the cause of it?
Rhyna

Reply to Rhyna