Question
Posted by: Irene | 2009-05-29

uneven skin tone on body

can you please advice what to use for uneven skin tone over my body esp from my chest down to my midsection...its makin me so insecure to appear naked...also recommend a tablet that will assist with protecting and assist sensitive skin.Thank you.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Irene, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the skin first and then recommend the appropriate treatment.

I presume from your description of ‘uneven skin tone’ that you are referring to sun damage (pigmentation changes, veins, etc.) and if this is the case the following topical regime is recommended:
A good SPF, 30 or higher, that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide
NeoStrata Ultra Smoothing Body Lotion
NeoStrata Bionic Serum (Face, Neck, & Chest Only)
NeoStrata Renewal Cream
You may consider adding monthly NeoStrata Glycolic acid peels

My recommendation for a tablet that helps to protect sensitive skin is Heliocare tablets that provides a natural sun protective effect (SPF 3) and contains anti-oxidants that help to reduce free radical damage.