Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-27

Uneven skin tone

Hi there,
I have an uneven skin tone and get moles frequently. Can you reccomend an over the counter face cream to even out my skin tone? Are there particular ingredients I should be wary of? I am 27 and getting married in 6 months.
Thanks so much.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anon, thank you for the question.

Your first option would be to use a SPF 50 or higher (applied several times daily) that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. My personal preference is Heliocare Gel SPF 50 or their compact foundation cover that contains a SPF 50.
I am a firm believer in the use of alphahydroxy acids (in particular glycolic acid, citric acid), polyhydroxy acids and antioxidants. These ingredients can be found in NeoStrata, Environ, Nimue, etc.