Posted by: Liza | 2010-07-21

Unethical Code of Conduct - employment

Good day, pls can u kindly advise.

My husband applied for a position thru an agency. He was short listed and was told by the agency he was a top notch and he met with. All the client''''s requirements.

He got feedback from the agency stating he was unsuccessful. He had asked them why , they response WE TOO WITH LIKE 2 KNOW. It was only then revealed to him it was a company were he had a personal issue with one of the employees.
The Manager had revealed tat my husband as a reputation of Chatting up women
A few months back this women together with her husband and my husband, myself resolved all the issues and concerns we had.
My husband contacted the Manger of this company and told him it was uncalled for him 2 have undermined, insulted, victimised and discrimated him.

and possibly put his integrity in a bad light to the agency. Manager response is my husband is the ideal candidate but because of what occurred he will not allow him to work there. Even thou he mentioned the decision comes from his boss or head office but he has since rejected my husband application

Yes my husband made a mistake, but should his work professionalism be judged.This has also ruined any further prospects with the employment agency.

The manner in which this was handled was not professional and not justified. The manager''''s code of conduct was not ethical. It should have been essential to handle this professionally.

Aside from the judgmental issues he thinks he should have been given the opportunity to be interviewed, and the Manager should have then addressed any concern or issues. Him not being allowed to pursue his career advancement is not fair

Pls kindly help

Expert ImageWorkplace health expert

Liza I am not the appropriate person to answer this query. It deserves a useful response. Please post to the Labour lawyer. Thank you.