Question

Unending menstrual flow

I am 38 years and I have a situation with my menstrual cycle since January. My cycle normally runs at about the middle of every month but only last month(January) did it start earlier than that. It started on the 4th very lightly and skipping days, then at mid month it normalised and took the normal 3 days. After the 3 days it subsided until I had intercourse and I realized it did go away. It went on lightly skipping day until on the 1st of February when it normalised again. Right now it is subsiding like I am finishing but I am not sure it will stop completely. This is all happening with no feelings of pain, just blood flow.

During last month I went to see my Dr and I told her about the problem and she attributed it to hormonal causes. I just want to find out from you if there could be a different explanation to this. I am an active person (I run every day and do some body stretches before I go to work). I am also very careful what I eat. On the general I am very healthy, I am not on any chronic medication as well.

Your assistance is appreciated

You don't say whethdr your doctor did an internal examintion and pap smear. Problems with the uterus, cervix or ovaries can cause abnormal bleeding.

1