Question

underarm perspiration

Hello i am a 31yr old male who has underarm odour, i have tried most general forms of deodrants with no luck. I wash and scrub properly and dont reuse shirts. I have tried perspirex once which helped but with immense pain! as it had a burning sensation. What are my choices, what can i do to revent this?

Expert ImageArchive

Very often the offensive odour is due to the growth of bacteria in the sweat glands. If managing the condition from the outside, i.e. with antibacterial soap, doesn't work you may have more success treating the problem from the 'inside'.

Very often the source of the re-infection with the bacteria is from somewhere in the digestive tract. You may find that you are also troubled with a condition known as 'dysbiosis', which essentially means bowel dysfunction. The symptoms here, include spasctic colon, irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, diarrhoea, bloating, flatulence,food intolerances, skin conditions etc.

Treatment would be the 4 'R' program - remove, repair, replace and re-innoculate.

For this you would need to consult with a nutritionist who is knowledge in administering such a program.

regards

Kevin