Question
Posted by: Fenale | 2011/09/09

underarm odour

I am not sure I am at the right place but hope you can help. I am a 31 year old female who suffers from horrible underarm odour, I have tried to cut spicey foods, carbs etc out of my diet and still it does not help. what could the course be and how can I prevent this from ruining my life, I and so concious about it and it in ruining my cloths, towels etc

It must be something I am eating could tomatoes be the course???

Dear Fenale
Few foods are implicated in body odours. The foods that could cause bad odours in underarm sweat, are garlic, and onions. If you are eating large quantities of these members of the so-called Allium family then try cutting them out totally for 3 weeks to see if the odour improves. Carbohydrates and tomatoes are not linked to underarm odour. If avoiding garlic and onions does not improve the situation, then I would strongly recommend that you consult a Dermatologist. The doctor will have to determine if you have an underlying physical problem that causes you to produce strong smelling sweat.
I do hope you will be able to get this condition under control, because I can imagine that it must be most distressing.

2
Posted by: Sylvia | 2011/09/14

My daughter had the same problem. Her friend suggested she use Perspirex, from Diskem which seems to help, is quite expensive &  you use it every other day

Reply to Sylvia

Dear Fenale