Question
Posted by: tired | 2008/09/02

underarm boils

what r these caused by. i get them at least once a year. on my armpit. theydont really get to the stage where i need to squeeze them or anything. do i need to chnage my roll on? and when the condition is there how do i control, bring it down or treat it?

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The boils are caused by sweating and small hairs that get infected. This infected hair in turn causes the boils. To treat the boils, you will have to use oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medication. The boils might have to be drained and this procedure can be done by your GP.

To prevent this, you should not use roll on. Shave your armpits dry and use Fissan paste directly afterwards.

Kind regards

1
Posted by: Bell | 2009/03/19

Would like to know how to treat a boil?

Reply to Bell